To-Do Date: Jul 16 at 11:59pm
There is nothing to submit for this. It is not an “assignment”. I have created a due date in order for your To-Do List to remind you to study what’s involved in analysis assignments before you have your first analysis assignment due.
Here are the steps for this study session:
- Read the prompt for an analytic outline below.
- Read the models papers for an A, B, and C, linked below the prompt.
- Use the grading rubric for this course to analyze why each paper earned the grade it did:
PROMPT: Needs of indigenous religions today
In 2-3 pages, use the media sources provided (and concepts and details from your readings, classwork, and Packback) to Write an Outline of a detailed analysis of American Indians’ religio-cultural needs today? Use the following questions to organize your analysis of the bigger picture or wider context of American Indian land conflicts? Include a list of sources (“Works Cited”) at the end of the outline.
- In what ways do these situations in the news articles concern “religion” and in what ways are these situations about more than “religion”?
- How do lessons and details from this unit on indigenous religiosities help us understand the needs of individuals and communities who are affected by this situation?
- How are we to understand the U.S. constitutional protections of religion in light of these land conflicts?
(Non-Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause)
- To what extent has this unit helped clarify the basic features of these conflicts and others like them? Are there questions that remain open?
A – AO#1 SPR -22.pdf
C – AO#1 SPR-22.pdf